FLOTUS – Helen Louise Herron Taft
A.K.A.: Helen “Nellie” Taft
D.O.B.: June 2, 1861
P.O.B.: Cincinnati, Ohio
Relationship to POTUS:
• Her father was a judge, and her immediate family had many friends and relatives in Washington D.C.
• She met William while bobsledding when she was 18 and he was 22. They didn’t date until a few years later.
• She was the first First Lady to ride on the inauguration parade
• She had a stroke shortly after moving into the White House
• She also helped plant 3,020 Cherry trees around D.C., with the help of the wife of the Japanese ambassador
Describe in one (1) word: