FLOTUS – Emily Tennessee Donelson
A.K.A.: Emily Donelson
D.O.B.: June 1, 1807
P.O.B.: Donelson, Tennessee
Relationship to POTUS: Niece by marriage
• Took over First Lady duties when her aunt, Rachel Jackson, died three days after Andrew Jackson’s election
• Married her first cousin, who was also the ward of Andrew and Rachel, and who also worked in the administration
• Eventually left her duties due to fallout from the Petticoat Affair.
• Died at age 29, the youngest First Lady to die to this day.
• Donelson, Tennessee is named after her grandfather.
Describe in one (1) word: