FLOTUS – Martha Jefferson Randolph
A.K.A.: Patsy Randolph
D.O.B.: September 27, 1772
P.O.B.: Monticello, Virginia, British America
Relationship to POTUS: Eldest daughter of Thomas Jefferson
• Her mother, also Martha, died when she was almost ten.
• She was the only of her father’s acknowledged children to make it past 25, and only one of two to make it through early childhood.
• Went to a convent school in France but her father took her out when she expressed interest in becoming Catholic.
• Had 13 children; 11 made it to adulthood
• Was close to her father and took care of him when he was old. Like him, she was a tall, slim redhead.
Describe in one (1) word: